Megan Buckingham (’07) Posted on June 17th, 2010 by

Summer of 2010, Megan writes: “Currently I’m  in San Francisco, working as a Program Associate for Californians for Pesticide Reform (CPR) and still working a bit for Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA) as their intern & volunteer coordinator. CPR is a coalition, of which PANNA is an active member, so it’s a great gig because I get to do a lot of different work but in one office and (technically) for one organization. I’m on a temporary contract, though, and will be looking for a new job in the Midwest in August. I absolutely love my job(s) right now, though, so it’s hard to imagine that next step just yet. I’ve been getting to work a lot on CPR’s campaign work and have really learned a lot and had the opportunity to step up and take quite a bit of responsibility for our campaigns, fundraising & coalition work. Right now we’re working very hard to try to keep a pesticide called methyl iodide out of California. Among other things, it’s highly carcinogenic, induces late-term miscarriages and would disproportionally impact farmworkers and rural communities along California’s Central Coast. We’ve had a lot of luck lately getting media attention and public pressure on Governor Schwarzenegger and it has been incredible to work on something that has “gone viral.” Busy and very exciting!”